Thursday, November 5, 2009

Easy Chocolate Frosting

I have never been one to just cook all the time much less make things from scratch! But whatever domestic abilities decide to show themselves...only now in my late 30's...I am taking hold of and enjoying while it lasts!! :) But truly, anything that I post here is really not that hard..I promise!!!

So I chose not to purchase the chocolate frosting in the container at the store for at least 2 reasons: 



1.  there are about 10 words on the back that I can't pronounce
2.  there are at least 4 different dyes in it to make it LOOK like real chocolate.

If I'm going to load my cake up with some frosting, I'd rather just bother myself with the sugar and not all of that other junk. But that's just me.

So here's what I came up with for the yummiest, worry-free chocolate frosting I've ever tasted! Okay, so I am a little over the top when it comes to chocolate and sweets!


GFCF Chocolate Frosting

1/3 c. softened butter (Earth Balance) or Spectrum shortening
1/8 tsp. salt
 2 c. GF powdered sugar
 3 Tbs. milk (we love Vanilla Almond Breeze)
1/4 tsp. vanilla
 2/3 c. cocoa


Mix all ingredients together until smooth and creamy!

I told you it was easy! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment