Monday, November 9, 2009

GFCF Spaghetti and Homemade Meatballs

I am not normally a meatball kind of person, much less a "make-them-from-scratch" kind of person! But in my efforts to find GFCF foods that my kids will eat and LOVE, I thought I'd give it a try! And I'm so glad I did!! I didn't have the ingredients that were on the recipe I found, so I made up my own! In the past, that has resulted in meals that were..well, just not edible! But I believe I succeeded this time and the family agrees. So here's the recipe!

Spaghetti & Homemade Meatballs

1 box of Quinoa Spaghetti (Kroger or Health Food Store)
1 jar of Bertolli spaghetti sauce (Organic with Olive oil, etc. is what I used)
1/2 c. Progresso 100% natural beef broth (optional to help keep spaghetti from overcooking)

Meatballs
1 lb. of ground beef or turkey
2 beaten eggs
1/4 c. garlic vinaigrette dressing (or your choice of dressing or marinade..I used Garlic Expressions)
1/2 - 3/4 tsp. all purpose seasoning (OR 1/2 tsp. garlic powder, 1/2 tsp. salt, 1/2 tsp. pepper)

Mix ingredients till blended. Shape meat mixture into 1 inch balls and place on greased baking sheet. Bake on 350 for 15 minutes.

Cook spaghetti while meatballs are cooking. Drain and put back into pot. Add spaghetti sauce and beef broth, cooking on low.  When meatballs are done, add them to spaghetti. Cook on low for 15-20 minutes. 



Serves a family of 4..... with no leftovers (apparently!)
:) Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment